Wednesday 26 September 2012

Your Achievements

This afternoon I was very very fortunate enough to have met a new acquaintance.
His name is Lim Sin Khim. Mr. Lim is one of the co-founder of Wings Cafe.
Today we had a small chat of our life achievements. I found it really interesting so I would like to share it with my fellow bloggers.

Your 7 Achievements In life

Mr.Lim pulled out a few pieces of paper and a pen and he started drawing a stick figured tree. He explained that our journey in life is like a seedling. Every seed have to grow into a tree one day. When a tree is fully grown, it is referring to a person that have already fulfill their achievements in life. So WHAT IF. What if your tree have 7 branches only and each of those branches represents your achievements in life, Which achievements would you choose. He drew is out and passed it to me to fill in the missing blanks. Within a few minutes I already finish with 7achievements in life that I want. I chose Freedom, Success, Friendship, Happiness, Love, Intelligence, and Popularity. Then we redefined what each of these means in a more deeper discussion. Ultimately I found out what I actually want in life. 

Why only 7 Achievements in life

Simply put, it is our life is very short. If lets say your life is already pre-determined by a higher being(this is an example), and you would have to condense down to 7 key achievements before your life ends, which would you value more. Once you know them what actions will you take. For a college student like me, I would have to work hard and find a good job for myself in the future. You can also find out why in this book called The 7 Habits of highly effective people, by Stephen R. Covey. 

I would recommend anyone to read the book and actually graphing out the stick figured tree I describe. Find out what you want in life because by doing so you can have a laser focus mind in what you need to do to fulfill that 7 Achievements in life ASAP before your life diminishes.

Thanks you for reading my Blog 
CHEERS AND JUST SMILE :)


No comments:

Post a Comment